Zigurat is a member of the International Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE). ICDE is a leading global membership organization for open, distance, flexible and online education, including e-learning, and draws its membership from institutions, educational authorities, commercial actors, and individuals.
The International Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE) was founded in 1983 in Canada. Their main mission is to enable changes to new technologies and improve the quality of education worldwide.
ICDE is actively engaged in helping to set the Education 2030 agenda – ‘Towards inclusive and equitable quality education and lifelong learning for all’. Together with their key partner UNESCO, ICDE has organized policy forums in Bali and Paris. ICDE also organized the policy forum in Pretoria, together with UNESCO, Commonwealth of Learning and Open Education Consortium. ICDE is also part-funded by the Government of Norway.
ICDE members can be found in many regions across the world, with 156 institutions in the member network as recorded on October 18, 2016. The international status is massive on a global scale, with highly active membership base in Asia with the affiliate member of the Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization (SEAMEO), recognition from the French Ministry of Higher Education and Research, Open Education Consortium (former OpenCourseWare Consortium) and has a consultative status with UNESCO, in addition to working with UNESCO in the service of international cooperation and development.
Our accession to the ICDE allows Zigurat to be positioned in the e-learning sector as well as enjoy numerous benefits:
- Access to a large network of institutions in the world for networking and developing partnerships with the best online universities for mutual benefits.
- Increase visibility center at international level.
- Actively participate in policies and initiatives trends in e-learning sector.
- Access international events to debate and discuss our methodologies.
- Share our main tools of success and know those of other universities.