After a lot of effort and dedication, a record number of students will start their learning journey with Zigurat Global Institute of Technology this autumn. First steps along the way -festive opening sessions with the academic directors and tutors of each Zigurat master program- are made during the first half of November.
As Zigurat approaches the milestone of its 20th anniversary, it’s all more celebratory to bear witness to a record number of new students embarking on skill learning journeys that will guarantee their competitiveness in the fast-changing world. Another record to be celebrated is the simultaneous kickoff of 17 master’s programs in a two-week timeframe.
Zigurat is determined to offer the best possible service and learning experience to those professionals who have come to us for the know-how and tools to achieve their current and future aspirations and goals. Apart from acquiring a whole set of new skills and making the collaborative online environment their go-to working environment, they will be eligible for a dual degree and can apply for a Universitat de Barcelona diploma, in addition to that from Zigurat.
17 Master’s Programs in Areas of Architecture, Engineering, and Technological Innovation
The 17 master’s programs inaugurated during the first weeks of November represent the three main areas of training of the institution: architecture, engineering, and technological innovation in business contexts. Hereunder are the Zigurat master’s programs that start in November 2020:
- Máster Internacional BIM Management – Zigurat’s Spanish-language program that encompasses all there is to know about BIM methodology with the focus on a life-cycle approach, openBIM and interoperability. The opening session is with the Academic Director of the program, Óscar Liebana.
- Máster Internacional Smart City Management – Zigurat’s Spanish-language program offers a bird’s-eye view to a wide spectrum of activities related to smart cities and the potential that the emerging technologies hold for solution- and service-providers in the context of more sustainable urban living. The opening session is with the Academic Directors of the program, Xavier Izquierdo and Santiago Castellà.
- Master’s in Global BIM Management is a program aimed at all specialists within the AEC industry who wish to build their future on BIM methodology and learn about openBIM workflows and interoperability and apply them through the project life-cycle. The opening session is with the new Academic Director of the program, Stefan Mordue.
- Global MBA in Digital Business – This program from Zigurat Innovation and Technology Business School offers insights into the future ways of doing business and prepares visionary digital transformation leaders ready to redefine the performance of their organization through digitalization. The opening session is with the Academic Director of the program, Jordi Damià.
- Master Internacional em BIM Management is a master’s program that builds on Zigurat’s experience in holistic BIM management training and adapts completely to the requirements of the Brazilian market. The opening session is with the Academic Director of the program, Rogério Lima.
- Master Internacional em BIM Management para Infraestruturas, Engenharia Civil e GIS – This program is one of the newest additions to the Zigurat educational offer and focuses on implementing BIM methodology in infrastructure projects. It is designed to provide civil engineering professionals with the most needed skills in the industry, essential for the digital transition and keeping up with the national BIM strategy of Brazil. The opening session is with the Academic Director of the program, Washington Luke, and the Academic Coordinator, Rogério Lima.
- Global Master’s in Blockchain Technologies – This program from Zigurat Innovation and Technology Business School is the most complete blockchain technology master’s program on the market. Combining technological, legal and business perspectives, it’s hotbed for the blockchain projects of the participants. The opening session is with the Academic Director of the program, David Wohde.
- Máster Internacional BIM Management Ingeniería Civil. Infraestructuras y GIS is the BIM for Infrastructure program par excellence for Spanish-speaking professionals who wish to train in collaborative workflows and manage the project information throughout its life-cycle in BIM models. The opening session is with the Academic Director of the program, Agustí Jardí.
- Máster Internacional en Estructuras de Edificación con CYPE is the first ever Zigurat master’s program, and that only gets better with time. This program, aimed at civil engineers and architects who seek to specialize in the calculation of building structures with CYPE, always keeps up with the needs of the industry and celebrates this time its remarkable 25th intake of students. The opening session is with the Academic Director of the program, José Carlos Coya.
- Máster Internacional en Construction Project Management. BIM, LEAN, LEED, IPD. With the aim of preparing construction sector professionals ready to manage large and complex projects as well as small ones, this program delivers state-of-the-art principles and techniques of comprehensive project management following the PMI’s worldwide standards. The opening session is with the Academic Director of the program, Yiselle Bonucci.
- Máster Internacional en Estructuras Metálicas y Mixtas de Edificación – This program in steel and mixed structures, as the name implies, makes the participants experts in the calculus, design and construction of steel structures. The opening session is with the Academic Director of the program, Carles Romea.
- Máster Internacional en Cálculo y Modelado BIM de Instalaciones is Zigurat’s MEP Engineering program with the longest track record and explores in depth the design and calculus of the facilities of the buildings with a focus on sustainable architecture.The opening session is with the Academic Director of the program, Diego Besada.
- Máster Internacional en Cimentaciones y Estructuras de Contención – This program that seeks to train professionals specialized in foundations and containment structures has been part of Zigurat’s educational offer for 15 years now and has many more ahead. The opening session is with the Academic Director of the program, José Carlos Coya.
- Máster Internacional en Proyecto y Construcción de Puentes – This program that specializes in bridge projects and construction is one of Zigurat’s most sought after masters in Latin America. The opening session is with the Academic Director of the program, Edinson Guanchez.
- Master’s in Global BIM Management for Infrastructure Projects is a master’s program that Zigurat has designed in collaboration with CCC (Consolidated Constructors Company) for the contents of the course to be molded after the face of the needs of the industry. It is the only program on the market that prepares in one year BIM-powered professionals ready to take on global megaprojects. The opening session is with the Academic Director of the program, Issam el-Absi.
- Máster Internacional en Climatización (HVAC) con Eficiencia Energética, Zigurat’s second master’s program in MEP Engineering, offers the opportunity to learn in depth about the different air conditioning systems available on the market and how to contribute to the interior comfort of buildings from the strategy of energy efficiency. The students of this program can also apply for paid internships with leading companies in the field such as Sener and Trox.The opening session is with the Academic Director of the program, Diego Besada.
- Master Internacional em Estruturas de Edificações – is another Portuguese-language newcomer in the educational offer of Zigurat and definitely a program here to stay. This master’s program comprises a global view of the integral design of structures in their most fundamental aspects. The opening session is with the Academic Director of the program, Li Chong Castro.
Zigurat Global Institute of Technology welcomes on board all the new students and acknowledges and salutes those who are back for their second degree. May your coming year be filled with valuable knowledge, personal growth and new synergies!