Master in Blockchain Technologies
Apply now for January 2019
Contact the Admissions Department
In collaboration with:
Take your business to the next level
The Master in Blockchain Technologies is designed to help technical and business oriented profiles, as C-level executives, entrepreneurs, technicians and government officials, to better understand the Blockchain concepts and capabilities.
You will gain insights into blockchain architecture, cryptocurrencies, smart contracts and legal implications. During the program, you will be able to choose between two paths, through a project, either implementing Blockchain Technologies to a business model or a software application.
- 8 Months
- 10 Modules
- Barcelona Summit
- Global Networking
Skills and Capabilities
Foundational knowledge of blockchain and distributed ledger technologies for continued learning and professional development.
Identify the business case for Blockchain in any project, taking into account benefits, examining the drivers, functionality and characteristics of the problem to solve.
Ability to critically evaluate and adopt the more suitable blockchain technology for a particular project.
Hands-on experience developing a real blockchain project, going deeper into technical and business aspects of the technology
Blockchain is a continuous growing list of records, called blocks, which are linked and secured. It is an open, distributed ledger than can record transactions between two parties efficiently and in a verifiable and permanent way.
Blockchain technology has a large potential to transform business operating models. Blockchain distributed ledger technology could create new foundations for global economic and social systems. One of the most known Blockchain applications is related to virtual currencies (BTC is the most popular one with more than 130B$ CAP, bigger than the GBP of a lot of countries), the use of blockchain promises to bring significant efficiency to global supply chains, financial transactions, asset ledgers and decentralized social networking.
In an increasingly and competitive environment, challenges abound and there are no easy solutions. Better knowledge of Blockchain Technologies leads to better business decisions, and the best vectors to maximize the advantages out of the use of this technology can be achieved.
The master is offered online to students worldwide, combining theoretical sessions, with webinars and practical sessions. The participants will carry a final project on for developing a project that could be a blockchain application or a business model based on this technology.
“For 20 years we have got the Internet of information and now we have the Internet of value”
Introduction to Blockchain Fundamentals
Understand where blockchain comes from and why it has the power to change wide areas of our economic reality
M1. Blockchain and the Trust & Transparency Economy
- Introduction to blockchain and its ecosystem
- History of blockchain development to understand its roots
- Problems solved by blockchain give an overview of implications
- The trust and transparency economy: How blockchains build trust
M2. Cryptography & Security
- Introduction to Cryptography: The Little Crypto 101
- Cryptographic systems security: Hashs and their friends
- Cryptonomics: The Crypto Economy – Design of protocols
- Privacy protection in blockchains
- Organizational security and compliance: Cryptography implications for enterprises and institutions
M3. Basics of Blockchain Technology & Architecture
- Fundamentals of data and databases
- Distributed systems: Architecture of blockchain networks & protocols
- Ledger & authorities: Private & public networks
Deep Understanding of Blockchain Technology & Economics
Dive deep into the matter of blockchain and gain insights into blockchain architecture, cryptocurrencies, smart contracts and legal implications
M4. Cryptocurrencies, Token Economy & ICOs
- Definition of money and how cryptocurrencies fit in
- International currency markets and open financial systems
- The cryptocurrency landscape and its stakeholders
- Introduction to Bitcoin, Ethereum & Ripple
M5. Legal & Regulation
- Blockchain in the different fields of law (transactional, corporate, commercial)
- Smart contract theory
- Smart contract management & innovation
- Regulation and regulatory environment
M6. Advanced Blockchain Technology & Architecture
- Fundamentals of crypto programming & architecture
- Assessment of protocols & networks
- Deployment architecture
- Further technology frameworks & interoperability
- Resource management in blockchain development
Application of Blockchain Technology
Learn how to apply blockchain technology into your projects and therefore choose between the business-focused path and the software development path
M7. Business Applications & Use Cases
- Determining how blockchain fits into your industry/business
- Blockchain cases in different industries (Finance, Legal, Travel&Transportation, Manufacturing, IoT, Supply Chain)
- Venture capital in the blockchain industry
M8-A. Lean Business Modeling for Blockchain
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Blockchain-based innovation
- Business model canvas
- Business & finance plan
M9-A. Challenges, Scalability and the Future of Blockchain
- Economical implications of blockchain: New forms of economies and organizations
- Social and cultural implications
- Political implications of blockchain
- Change Mangement in the blockchain context
- Research & development in blockchain technologies
M8-B. Lean Blockchain Prototyping & Development
- Introduction to blockchain programming languages
- Agile development fundamentals
- Rapid prototyping and lifecycle management
- Quick deployment methods
- Introduction to Hyperledger Composer and Fabric
M9-B. Implementation of Blockchain Technology into Existing Enterprise Software Ecosystems
- Introduction to enterprise software ecosystems
- Business process logic programming
- Smart contract programming
- Fundamentals of blockchain migration
Final Project & Assessment
Now it’s your turn. Create your own blockchain project that makes a difference, either in form of a business plan or an application
Choose a blockchain business topic from a given list and create a business plan out of it
Take your own idea and create a business plan out of it
DOWNLOAD THE CATALOGUE
What is Blockchain?
“For 20 years we have got the Internet of information and now we have the Internet of value.”
Blockchain is a platform that allows anyone, whether individual or business, transact and move value, assets, money, money assets, without an intermediate as a bank or a government. Is the open-access, secure global platform on which BTC is based. In a world where, according to Alex, “It’s cheaper and faster to mail an anvil to China than it is to send $100,” blockchain facilitates an authenticated, peer-to-peer transfer of value without an intermediary (such as a bank), in a manner that is transparent, public, permanent — and completely anonymous.
Ethereum and ICO
Is technology a disruptive change?
A lot of business leaders in many industries understand that blockchain will be the disruptive technology, but often leaders from old paradigm have a very hard time embracing what’s new.