Disrupt the Industry
The Digital Business Global MBA has been designed for professionals who want to foster their technological and decision-making skills and add a differential value to increase their competitiveness in the global market.
- 60 ECTS Credits.
We live in a world where the exponential advancement of technology is constantly redefining our way of living and working. Adopting innovative methodologies, allows you to keep up with such changes and evolve with the industry. This program has been designed to help you implement and master the challenges of digital transformation. You will be guided by professors who are leaders within the digital industry and experienced executives. Based on real-case studies, they share insights and the necessary tools, allowing you to apply problem-solving strategies to avoid risks and increase the productivity of your organization. Our programs are online based, giving you the flexibility to work around busy schedules and from any location. You will have access to a 3 days Summit in Barcelona to take advantage of networking sessions, where you will get to know the faculty board and other participants from all over the world.
What will you achieve?
The fundamental goal of the Digital Business Global MBA is to guide you on how to redefine the way your organization performance through digitalization. We will focus on how digital transformation will have a positive impact across all levels and departments of an organization, including Marketing, Sales, Purchasing, Logistics, Human Resources and other departments. By completing the program, participants will have a better understanding of innovative methodology and how digital tools can improve the strategies and processes of a business. The final project is focused on a full Digital Transformation of an existing company.
Play a leading role that will lead you to success.
Begin now, change the path of your professional development!
Who is it for?
Typical participants of this program are professionals of various backgrounds, looking to develop new skills in Digital Transformation.
Businesses that are keen to explore and adopt innovative methodologies.
Consultants, looking to further develop the value of their guidance by understanding different methodologies and applying innovative approaches to a project.
- Positive impact on employment rate. 93% of participants received job offers within 4 months of program completion.
- Our participants have had opportunities to find work via our collaborator’s network and job fairs.
- Participants were able to confirm salary increase, once having completed the program.
- An average of 70% of the participants received further offer opportunities, internally and externally.
- The creation of successful business ventures, amongst other participants.
- Understanding Digital Foundations
- Customer Centricity & Loyalty
- Doing operations the right way
- Innovation Accelerators
Understanding Digital Foundations
How to gain competitiveness through digital solutions
M1. Today’s Competitiveness Models
- Basic strategies options of gaining a competitive advantage: Cost leadership, differentiation and focus (Porter).
- New business models based on digital solutions: Traditional, Digital, Collaborative and Usage Business Models.
- New levels of competitiveness applying advanced digital strategies: Bowman Strategy Clock, Unique Selling Propositions (USP Analytics) and Core Competence Analysis.
- Processes and investments needed to be more competitive in a digital and business ecosystem.
M2. Purely Digital Business Model
- Native and evolutive digital business models: How to capture and drive a new digital marketplace.
- Market and sector know-how advantages to offer new digital based products and services.
- Disruptive innovation with the power to displace traditional business.
Customer Centricity & Loyalty
How to adapt your company to current customers and attract new ones
M3. Omnichannel marketing and sales models
- Advertising methods for commercial promotion through improved marketing tools to promote sales.
- Key digital methods to increase revenue, target your competitor’s clients and manage customer relationship effectively.
- Customer expectations: How to meet them and know what works best.
- New communications tools to understand customers and the way they interact with the marketplace today.
M4. Digital maturity level: Re-defining your VISION
- Analysis of a company’s level of maturation and all the business model processes. Is your company digital enough?
- Identification of the value chain processes and organization powers, in order to have a secure knowledge of the current capabilities.
- A digital maturity model, as an instrument for driving strategic change, needed to overcome the natural resistance to change and focus on the true objectives.
M5. Basic people skills and competencies
- New roles, advanced management skills, fast decision making profiles.
- Techniques to preserve know-how whilst maintaining elastic and adaptive labor approach.
- Flexibility and temporality of the labor market will require best people adaptable skills, what will bring high value into the organization.
- Social media and Internet impact on employees and headhunters and recruiters.
M6. Management and innovation models
- New paradigms that have to lead to new business models and new forms of managing organizations. Business opportunities through new management methods.
- Business process improvements for competitiveness and main tools to create sustainable competitive advantage.
- Innovation management in production, distribution and management of both people and knowledge, as a key to generate new ideas and techniques for new products.
Doing operations the right way
Digital Strategies: Transformation of the value chain
Erik van haaren
- How can digital procurement enables the purchasing process to reach the level of effectiveness required in the digitalization maturity scale and automation.
- Collaborative environments: How to increase and share better information both internally and externally.
Erik van haaren
- Adaptation of the logistic sector in the new Digital Age: IoT, digital signatures, barcode, RFID, electronic chips, radio frequency, GPS, digital scanning and others.
- Effects of the new client’s habits in the logistic processes.
- Movement and delivery of goods just in time to fulfill the needs of industry and consumers alike.
- Reduction of Resource Processes
- Smart Energy, RealTime yield optimization
- Reduction of Asset Utilization – Routine Machine. Flexibility, Predictive and Augmented Reality for MRO
- Increase Labor Productivity – Human-Robot collaboration, Remote monitoring, Digital performance management, Automation of knowledge work
- Decrease of inventories
- 3D Printing real-time supply chain, Batch size
- Reduce cost for quality – Statistical and advanced process control, digital quality management
- Increased supply/Demand matching
- Data driven demand prediction and design to value
- Reduce time to market – Customer Co-creation, concurrent engineering, rapid simulation
- Reduction service/Aftersales – Predictive/Remote maintenance, Self service
- The integrated vision of the distribution value chain.
- Application of new technologies, practices and more advanced business models for pursuing efficiency and win-win.
- New methods and channels to market products and services: How to “digitally follow” potential customers.
- Digital Marketing strategies: Internet, wireless, text messaging, mobile instant messaging, mobile apps, podcasts, electronic billboards, digital television and others.
- Application of new technologies in all fields and sectors of financial services.
- Examination of the efficiency and functionality issues associated with the financial sector.
- Solutions that modify in part or in full any existing applied technology to financial services.
- FinTech fields: Payments and transfers, Mobile banking, Trading, Commodity markets, FX, Crowdfunding, Retail banking, Risk and Compliance, Security and privacy, cryptocoins and alternative currencies, Digital portfolios, Financial advisory services, Insurance underwriting, Risk management.
M13. Information Technology (IT)
- Response of Information Technologies (IT) for the digitalization.
- Big Data, Cloud, Mobility, Blockchain, Vertical Integration, IoT, Social Networks are some of the planned and unplanned disruptions in businesses.
- CIO figure: The catalyst for the process of change.
- New IT environment vs new business needs.
- Maintaining the competitiveness and productivity of the value chain.
M14. Human Resources
Olivier Van Duuren
- Insights in the leading Trends (Digital, Consumer, Demographics, SocioEconomic, IR4.0) and their Impact on our Society, Industry and the Future of Work
- Building Future Proof Organizations, Leadership, People and Teams – perform while transforming
- Succeeding in Transformation: the customer at the heart, digital as the oxygen and people as the soul
- Three phases of Human Resources affected by new digital technologies: Hire, Manage/develop, Retire
- From Human Resources to Human Realization
How to add digital value to your company
M15. Cybersecurity and Digital Business Security
- Identification of risks associated to the digital transformation. Cybersecurity is the heart of digital innovation.
- Business safety: Cloud, mobility and IoT.
- Replacing human intervention in business decision making, automation (Robotics and AI).
- Business solutions based on algorithms (Predictive).
- Confidence of business solutions: BlockChain.
M16. Digital Business enablers (IoT, BlockChain, Big Data, Predictive, AI)
- The promise of innovation: Reduce costs, avoid risks, create new business models.
- Industrial revolution focused on automation, introducing systems, supervisory control, data acquisition systems (SCADA), enterprise resource planning (ERP), manufacturing execution systems (MES).
M17. Artificial Intelligence
- Automate decisions based on more sophisticated algorithms and solutions in all sectors: Health, Finance, Industry, Insurance, Judicial and others.
- 30% efficiency growth through automatization and allowing the personnel to do a more added value tasks.
- Artificial Intelligence is the technology that will impact deeper in our lives.
M18. Predictive models and advanced data analysis
- Pattern recognition and statistical modeling as algorithmic techniques in data mining, that analyze actual and historical data.
- Predictive models of historical and transactional data in identification of risks and opportunities.
- Predictive models to identify relationships between different factors that allow the assessment of risks or associated probabilities based on a set of conditions.
- Benefits of predictive analysis focused on three areas: Customer Satisfaction, Operations, Business Intelligence (predictive intelligence vs prescriptive intelligence)
M19. Collaborative models
- How to avoid risks related to any kind of processes.
- Simplifying processes through collaborative models.
- Constant growing number of users as the arbitrator strengthens the collaborative models that begin to perpetuate this sector.
- New consumers models: Broaden horizons and reinvent.
M20. Impact of electrification and sustainable consumption
- Impact of the new grid-edge technologies and electricity sector in the digital transformation endeavors
- Grid-edge technologies: Electrification, Decentralization and Digitalization.
- Decentralization driven by technological innovation: Cost decrease in solar, energy efficient products and energy storage technologies.
- New opportunities to take advantage of the new sources of energy.
M21. Industry 4.0
- Industry 4.0 in your organization.
- Cyber Physical Systems (CPS).
- Capacity of cooperation between humans and physical systems in real time.
- Software algorithms that decentralized decisions based on sensorization (IoT), predictive analysis (Big Data), Artificial Intelligence.
The nº1 online platform worldwide, the one that makes learning easier.
International Business Strategy Specialist
CEO at SETESCA – IT Consulting and Headhunting firm
MBA professor at several business schools (EAE, EADA, UB, UPC, UOC, UPF, Geneve Business School)
Senior Telecommunications Engineer from the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya.
Expert manager in business transformation, Consultant in implementation of business improvements and improvement of information systems and professor in several universities.
"Learn from industry leaders how to explore new digital business solutions."
This is about people sharing knowledge.
Founder The Dualarity - former Microsoft Executive
In September 2016 Olivier launched The Dualarity (www.thedualarity.com), a business and a book, on how to take the pain out of your personal and business transformation, leaving you with a regained sense of spark. After 22 years working in the senior international executive ranks at one of the world's most successful technology companies called Microsoft, he has a unique perspective on the intersection of innovation, transformation and human behavior.
Olivier is an active innovative investor in 9.5 Magnitude Ventures, a ground-breaking pre-seed fund, connecting Innovating Corporations through the launch of Tailor-made start-ups and this to address the customer of tomorrow.
An international public speaker, trend sensemaker, executive whisperer, sparkle builder and author, Olivier is a thought leader on personal and business transformation, innovation and on the impact of the changes around us on our society and industry.
Olivier Van Duüren
Founder of The Dualarity
Former Microsoft Executive
Robin Weninger is Co-Founder & Managing Director of Sa. | shapingwork academy, the first executive academy based on practical philosophy, offering a radical new approach to corporate education by pairing the ``best-of-breed`` practices from leadership, management and execution with philosophy. In addition, he is the Director of Education at the German Tech Entrepreneurship Center (GTEC), Professor at Zigurat Innovation and Technology Business School in Barcelona, Lecturer at the Frankfurt School of Finance & Management and the International School of Management as well as Coach in the Digital Product School in Munich.
He focuses on leading and guiding organizations through their challenges by forming internal vanguards of change. He does this by seeking new questions and plausible explanations through the development of new educational models to shape leaders to become “curators of compassion” and ``leaders of change”. Robin works closely together with universities, thought leaders and management thinkers to develop state-of-the-art management practices, frameworks and best practices for action-orientated management. He designs individual coaching and training programs, helps organizations create goal-setting frameworks and get into a strategic flow. He also deals with behavioral design and complex systems theory to better utilize networks to create fluid organizations through dialogue, collaboration and co-creation.
The World Economic Forum nominated Robin as a Global Shaper in 2015 and as a Digital Leader in 2017. Also, he is a trusted Advisory Board member to multiple EU funded projects under the H2020 framework. Robin is always keen and happy to support initiatives that change the world for the better and leave sustainable footprints for the future of education and work.
His credo is ``Sharing is not just caring, sharing is empowerment``
Co-Founder & Managing Director of shapingwork | Managing Director at GTEC | Global Shaper and European Digital Leader at World Economic Forum
30 years of consulting experience in helping companies to generate business benefits out of the right use of technology. His experience includes several technology revolutions and supporting over 50 companies, from top class fortunate 500 through upper mid-market in Europe, Americas and APAC. After 25 years in leadership positions in large consulting companies, he recently started Quality Transformation, a small advisory firm supporting the transformation leaders at his clients to be successful from setting the digital agenda through generating value out of all types of technology enables business transformations.
Erik Van Haaren
CEO and Senior Advisor at Quality Transformation
CEO @Transformify ( www.transformify.org), Managing Partner @ Service Optimizer(www.serviceoptimizer.net)
Previously Director PTP @Coca - Cola Enterprises, GM & CFO @Skrill/Paysafe, auditor @EY
ACCA, PGDip Financial Strategy Oxford University, MA Accounting & Assurance, BA Management
2017 First Women Award, 2013 Coca - Cola Enterprises Finance Excellence Award
CEO at Transformify
Expert Evaluator for Research and Innovation at HORIZON2020 EU Programme
Professor Eduard Babulak is accomplished international scholar, researcher, consultant, educator, professional engineer and polyglot, with more than thirty years of experience. He served as successfully published and his research was cited by scholars all over the world. He was Invited Speaker at the University of Cambridge, MIT, Yokohama National University and University of Electro Communications in Tokyo, Japan, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Sungkyunkwan University in Korea, Penn State in USA, Czech Technical University in Prague, University at West Indies, Graz University of Technology, Austria, and other prestigious academic institutions worldwide. His academic and engineering work was recognized internationally by the Engineering Council in UK, the European Federation of Engineers and credited by the Ontario Society of Professional Engineers and APEG in British Columbia in Canada.
Panellist Expert Consultant at National Science Foundation (NSF)
Registered Expert Consultant EU CORDIS and HORIZON2020
For over twenty years, with big companies and small, Angela Shen-Hsieh has been pursuing forms of communication and information delivery that fascinate, inform and prompt people to think. An architect by training, Angela combines right-brained innovative thinking with a left-brain analytical approach to building new products. As a recent addition to Telefonica Product Innovation, she and her team are developing new lines of businesses leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning with Telefonica’s digitization and data. Previously, she was with IBM Watson, where she was responsible for Watson’s Virtual Agent and Exploration & Discovery product lines, and where she championed Watson’s emerging program in robotics. As Chief of Product Design at IBM Business Analytics, Angela built Watson Analytics, a natural language-driven visualization and data discovery tool. An entrepreneur at heart, Angela was the founder and CEO of three startups in the analytics space and her companies designed and built analytic software for decision makers in some of the biggest companies in the world including General Electric, Johnson & Johnson, Bristol Myers Squibb, Microsoft and Fidelity Investments, as well as many data-rich technology startups. Angela was named a Fast Company ‘Master of Design’, and one of BusinessWeek's “10 Cutting Edge Designers pushing the limits of design”. She holds six patents and has a BA from Columbia University in New York City and a Master in Architecture from Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Director, Product Innovation, Predicting Human Behavior at Telefonica
David Quero is a Computer Science Engineer, MBA and Financial Risk Manager certified by GARP. David has worked on technical projects for 14 years. During the last 3 years, he has been playing international responsibility roles.
David is currently part of the EMEA Leadership team in IBM Watson Group. Watson Group is the division in IBM that participates in the most innovative and relevant projects involving Watson (IBM Artificial Intelligence platform). Additionally, he has the role of focal point for some of the European countries (SPGI, Italy, Benelux, Nordics, CEE) and he is the director of a number of employees in the organization.
EMEA Program Excellence Leader & Delivery Manager at IBM Watson
Strategic Business transformation Leader with experience in developing unique and alternative revenue channels for organizations, combining the power of Analytics, Technology, Digital, and Business. Successfully built the digital analytics practice both globally and regionally.
Ashish is an enthusiastic, Leader, Innovator, keen planner and implementer with 20 years of experience in setting up I.T, Digital, Analytics & Data science strategies to enhance overall organizational growth, incremental brand awareness, sustained profitability of operations & improved business performance.
I am currently responsible for developing, growing & delivering Digital Analytics Solutions for businesses across Europe.
• Developed innovative and industry focussed digital KPI framework and repository of business outcome focussed KPI's.
• Deep understanding of Global/regional online industry, marketplace, competition, and consumer needs/trends; depth of understanding of overall region and country variances/challenges/cultures
• Customer focus: understands customers, proactively seeks information and insights to learn needs and expectations and ensures that customer's voice is always present internally. Passion for understanding consumer, market, competitive and product situation and driving winning plan based on market dynamics
• Passion for strategic marketing leadership and consumer technology
• Excellent cross group collaboration skills and the ability to effectively lead a cross-discipline, cross-BG, cross-geo virtual team
Member of the IBM Spain Portugal Greece and Israel Technical Expert Council @TECspgi. Universidad Politécnica de Madrid technical Ambassador in IBM.
He has led innovative and digital transformation business projects in medium and large companies across EMEA and India with technology and top consulting organizations.
Leader & Head of Digital Transformation/Analytics at Cognizant Technology Solutions U.K
Senior digital business executive with wide experience in innovation, digital transformation and launching new products and business lines in big corporations and startups.
Specialist in identifying new business opportunities, innovation, marketing and product management, strategic alliances and leading high performing teams as well as about entrepreneurship, venture capital and business angels
Member of the Advisory Board at mVenturesBCN (Mobile World Capital), Board Member at BCNTech City, mentor at StartupBootCamp Internet of Things & Data and Innovation & Intellectual Property Professor at UOC
Director, Global Head of Ideation and Digital Innovation at ROCHE
Christian Rangen is a strategy & innovation advisor to management teams and companies around the world. He helps companies on how to face disruption, design new business models and succeed at strategic transformation. He is also business school faculty and teach a series of executive programs on corporate innovation, digital disruption and digital business model transformation.
Mr. Rangen is an active angel investor, with 25+ early stage investments.
Recently, Mr. Rangen has worked extensively on “Accelerating National Transformation”, building new accelerator programs, piloting new ways of building startups around “the industries of the future”.
Mr. Rangen is the lead designer behind Three Levels of Business Models, Strategic Innovation Canvas, Innovation Pyramid; all part of Strategy Tools – the free toolkit for the modern strategist – available at www.strategytools.io
He is a keynote speaker at global innovation events, including Front End of Innovation, PWC Academy, Innovation Roundtable and World Innovation Convention. His recent work includes Romania, Middle East, Nordics and Asia.
CEO & Co-Founder of Engage // Innovate
Strategy Transformation Advisor & Angel Investor
David Claramunt is Head of People & Communication at sabis.tech, the IT Company of the Sabadell Group. Computer Engineer and BA in Business Administration. More than 25 years of experience in IT&Ops arena mostly in Banking & Insurance sector in several countries and in companies such us Banc Sabadell, Zurich, Deutsche Bank and Caixabank. David is focused on how people and society must adapt themselves to the 4th Industrial Revolution being more humans than ever.
Head of People & Communications at Sabis.tech Banc Sabadell
After graduating in Electric Engineering in Milano, Italy, he worked as a designer of industrial equipment, before starting an international training and consulting activity in Industrial Automation. Some of the covered subjects are digital electronics, Industry 4.0, the Internet of Things, fieldbus and network technologies, Profibus and Profinet, etc. During the years he has also been Technical Director of b2b publications like Ingegneria Elettronica, Automazione Oggi, Fieldbus & Networks and Controllo e Misura.
More recently, he became a certified Profibus and Profinet Engineer and in 2015 he established EFCC - Estonian Fieldbus Competency Centre.
Valerio also has a long experience as speaker or chairman in conferences on subjects like m2m communications, Building Automation, green energy, the calibration of electronic instruments, etc.
Actually he is a Guest Professor at Tallinn Technical University. His current course covers the new technologies in electronics, automation and communications and the trends in relevant markets.
VA also wrote many technical articles and several books like Industrial Automation - Volume I: Basics of Automation, Robotics: basics and applications, Numeric controls: programming and applications, Programmable controllers, The Grafcet, Digital electronics and microprocessors, Technologies and applications of microcomputer systems. He is also the owner of the Linkedin group ``Industry 4.0 in Europe``.
Guest Professor at Tallinn Technical University
Senior Consultant at EFCC
He is involved in many international associations such as MobeyForum, discussing new digital banking models, mobile financial services and mobile payments. He is currently Co-Chair of Open Banking Working Group, with a clear focus on the opportunities behind PSD2 and OFX regulations to promote a new, customer-centric online banking paradigm.
He has large experience in digitising traditional sectors, such as Banking, Ticketing and Retail, developing its electronic channels strategy to boost online sales and establishing new touchpoints with customers.
In the past served to Caixabank innovation group, analysing Fintech applications to disrupt Digital Banking services. Caixabank was prized as the most innovative Bank on years 2013 and 2016.
Oscar holds a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) from ESADE Business School, Spain as well as a Superior Degree in Computer Sciences from the University Polytechnic Catalonia, Barcelona, Spain.
Ventures Director at Mobile World Capital Barcelona
Member of the Board of Directors at Mobeyforum
Voyislav studied Advertising & Marketing and has an MBA specialized in media Management at Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Spain. His final MBA project went real as an online radio dedicated to indie music scene: www.scannerfm.com. He speaks Spanish, English, Italian and has basic knowledge of Serbian, Portuguese, Catalan and Hebrew.
Voyislav started his career on radio in 1993 where he contributed to the digital transformation of Union Radio, the largest radio Broadcasting network in Venezuela. His last position was Director of contents & programming at La Mega 107FM, during this time he worked also as On Air DJ and voice-over announcer.
In 2002, he made a work experience internship at BBC World Service in London, UK, where he worked as producer journalist. In 2003, he started his commercial career as Sales Manager at Radio Barcelona, one of the most famous radio station in Spain that belongs to Cadena SER Network. During his experience in Radio Barcelona, he contributed to developing sales for music specialized radio formats such as 40 Principales and Maxima FM.
Since 2006 he developed his sales management skills at Axa Insurance in different positions across Spain, in 2015 he worked as Distribution Transformation Manager in Paris, France. During this time he managed several projects for AXA group on Lead Management and Distribution transformation.Currently, Voyislav is responsible for sales development for health and Investment products at AXA Spain.
Voyislav is an aviation enthusiast, a big fan of music and literature.
Responsible for Sales Development for Health and Investment Products at AXA Spain
With 30 years of experience in the IT sector, Martin has been working for major Industrial, financial and utilities companies, leading IT transformation, business digitization and IT Governance, risk and compliance.
Martin developed his professional career during 10 years at Nissan Finance and 16 years at General Electric Capital.
As the culture and human factors are the hardest components of the organization to change, Martin has specialized on building human and technology structures that facilitate the digital transformation in matured organizations, focusing on the use of digital assets to digitize, transform and innovate the business model.
Business Director & Technology Leader at Aqualogy Business Software, Suez Group
He is a Computer Engineer from UPV (Universidad Politecnica Valencia), awarded with a one-year stay scholarship at IDAHO STATE UNIVERSITY (USA). In 2005 obtained an MBA from ESADE in Barcelona.
He started his professional career in Exact (Valencia), and later he moved to Sweden where he worked for Nokia Home Communications for one year in the European project myTV (interactive digital television). In 2001, he moved to Barcelona where he worked in the fast moving consumer goods sector for a Joint Venture of Procter & Gamble (Arbora & Ausonia) for 13 years, being responisble of different IT management positions (Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, Commercial, Logistics or Supply Chain).
Since 2013, he works at the pharmaceutical Almirall, where he is currently the IT Business Partner and Service Delivery Manager for Industrial Operations area.
Business Partner & Services Delivery MGR at Almirall
Find out our Alumi’s feedback and contact them to learn more about their experience.
Industry experts’ highlights about what Digital Transformation is. Learn from the leaders!
International Summit in Barcelona
All participants of Zigurat´s Master Programs will be granted premium passes to the summit.
A great opportunity to be part of a 3 days Summit in Barcelona. Learn from key experts in digital transformation. An event where you can share, explore and be part of real projects.
- Take part in networking sessions, masterclasses and workshops.
- Get to know the faculty board and other participants from all over the world.
- Create and launch new ventures together.
- Experience Barcelona’s gastronomy, culture and history.
In collaboration with: